This article shows administrators how to update page layouts in the system for all data objects.
Updating Page Layouts
To access and update page layouts:
- Access the Setup Menu via the dropdown list at the top of the interface.
- Search for "object" using the Quick Find field and click on Object Manager, select the object that you'd like to update from the list,
- Scroll down to the the Page Layouts section Click into the Page Layouts section and click on the page layout that you'd like to update.
When you've accessed the page layout you can drag-and-drop fields around the page to get the desired format.
- Drag-and-drop inactive fields from the top panel out your page layout.
- Drag-and-drop existing fields off the page to remove them from the layout.
- Drag-and-drop the position of current fields to change the format.
Updating Related Lists
Scroll down the page of the layout and you'll see the related lists which support all data related to the selected data object.
- Drag-and-drop the related lists to change the order that they appear on the page.
- Click on the Wrench Icon to update the columns that appear in the related list.
- Click on the Dash Icon to remove the related list from the page.
After clicking on the Wrench Icon you'll be presented with the window below, which allows you to select the fields that you'd like to appear as columns in the page layout. Use the arrows to select and remove fields.