This article explores Object Settings, which allow you to control the Read, Create, Edit and Delete capabilities for each data object defined in your Salesforce System.
To access the Object Settings, click into a Profile via the Setup Menu and select Object Settings.
You'll then see a summary of all data objects with the current permissions that the profile has for each data object.
You can also see other attributes like Total Fields (per object), Tab Settings and Page Layouts.
Clicking into a data object and clicking the Edit Button will allow you to make changes to the profile's permissions for the data object.
- Tab Settings - allows you to control the visibility of the tab for this data object.
- Default On - it will be visible as a tab when viewing an app where the tab is assigned.
- Default Off - it will be accessible via the app launcher when viewing an app where the data object has been assigned.
- Tab Hidden - the data object will not be visible to the profile.
- Record Types & Page Layout Assignments - allows you to configure accessible record types and the page layouts used for each record type.
- Object Permissions - controls the Read, Create, Edit and Delete permissions for the data object.
- Read - the profile has access to view records.
- Create - the profile can create new records.
- Edit - the profile can update existing records.
- Delete - the profile can delete records.
- View All - the profile can view all records for this data object, including records that they did not create.
- Modify All - the profile can modify all records for this data object, including records that they did not create.
- Field Permissions - provides field level security for all fields within the data object.
- Read Access - the profile can read this field.
- Edit Access - the profile can edit this field.