This article discusses the Reports Tab and the different features available when accessing the tab.
Reports Tab Orientation
The Reports Tab provides users with access to existing Public Reports and Personal/Private Reports that the user has created.
- Reports Tab - click to access report options.
- New Report - click one of this button to begin the process of developing a new Report.
- Folders - this section of the interface prvoides access to report folders views.
- Reports - this section of the interface provides access to report views.
- Reports/Folders List - this section of the interface displays reports and folders after selecting an option from the Reports or Folders sections on the left.
Well organised organisations will categorise reports in reporting folders and have an approval process for publishing Public Reports.
Reporting permissions are controlled by a System Administrator, options include 'Managing Public Reports', 'Managing Public Folders', 'Scheduling Reports' and 'Create & Customise Reports'. It's recommended that organisations work with their System Administrator to assign reporting permissions to users that support a well defined reporting strategy.
The Reports Tab and the functionalities it provides are great for non-technical users to run reports with only a small amount of training required to get started. The Reports Tab is very powerful but does have some limitations, the Salesforce platform allows us to create more advanced reports that are not supported by the Reports Tab if needed.
Log a case via the Vertic Portal if you require further assistance with reports or need a custom report that the Reports Tab does not support.