This article discusses the report builder drag-and-drop interface.
Report Builder Interface
The report builder interface allows you to rapidly build and save reports with the data objects you've specified in the report type.
- Fields - attributes available in your report type.
- Use the Quick Find field to quickly find a field to add to your report.
- Click on a filter icon to search by field type - text, number or date.
- Filters - drag-and-drop a field into the filter area to create a filter using that field.
- You can filter by date using the in built Date Field options available in the filter area.
- There is some advanced filter logic available via the Filters 'Add' dropdown list.
- You can select to Show record based on ownership.
- Preview - drag-and-drop fields into the preview area to add the field to the report.
- Drag-and-drop fields out of the preview section to remove them from the report.
- Update the report Format via the dropdown at the top of the preview section.
- Opt what to Show in the preview section via the dropdown at the top of the preview section.
- Run Report - when you're happy with the preview you can click the Run Report Button to retrieve all report data.
The report builder interface will only present you with a sample of the data. You need to run the report to retrieve all records.
Click the Save Button to save your report or on Save As to save a new version of your report.
- The Report Unique Name is usually auto-generated after adding a Report Name and must have no spaces.
- It's recommended that you save your report in an appropriately categorised Report Folder or your personal report folder if the report is for your personal use.