This article explores Account/Organisation Records and the standard data that is captured on each record.
After accessing an Account/Organisation Record from the Account/Organisation Tab you will be presented with the Account/Organisation Detail Page.
This page contains all the data that has been collected about the Account/Organisation. Scrolling down the page you'll see Related Lists (Contacts, Cases, Opportunities, etc.) which contain links to records that are related to the Account/Organisation.
Common functions on the Account/Organisation Detail Page:
- Social Media links - will look for the Acocunt/Organisation on social media platforms.
- Chatter Feed - internal collaboration regarding the Account/Organisation.
- Topics - add topics to the Account/Organisation to create filtered views from your Chatter Tab.
- Followers - selecting to follow the record will post updates to your chatter feed to keep you informed when the record is updated.
- Related List Shortcuts - provide a summary of related list records and you can hover to get more details.
- Account Detail - contains all the details captured about the Account/Organisation.
- System Information - system generated data that will inform you when the record was created and by whom, and when the record was last modified and by whom.
To extend the Account/Organisation Page to include more data fields, validation rules, updated picklist values, etc. contact your system administrator. Data standards should improve as your organisation becomes more diligent at recording Account/Organisation information.
Account/Organisation Related Lists
Scrolling down the Account/Organisation Detail Page you'll see several lists with related data, these are called Related Lists and contain links to records that have been related to the Account/Organisation in the system.
Common relationships for Account/Organisation Records include - Contacts, Activities, Opportunities, Cases and Files.
Related Lists represent a one-to-many relationship in Salesforce, meaning that one Account/Organisation Record can have many Contacts, Cases, Opportunities, etc.
You'll notice that each related list contains Action Buttons allowing you to add New Records and complete other system functions.