This article explores the process of creating a new Account/Organisation Record in Salesforce.
New Account/Organisation Button
To create a new Account/Organisation, go to the Accounts/Organisations Tab and click the NewButton. Alternatively, if you've selected a View and clicked Go!, you can click the New Account/Organisation Button.
The best practice for creating a new Account/Organisation Record is to firstly check that the record does not already exist in the system. Typically you would do this using the Global Search Field at the top of the Salesforce interface.
New Account/Organisation Create Page
You'll then be presented with an empty form that allows you to capture details about the Account/Organisation.
- The Account Name Field is mandatory.
- You can identify mandatory fields by the red line to the left of the field.
- You can look up and relate a Parent Account.
- The Lookup Icon to the right of the field indicates that you can lookup another record in the system and relate it to this one.
- Parent Account hierarchy's allow you to link many branches of the same Account/Organisation.
- Picklist fields allow you to categorise the Account/Organisation, which is useful for building meaningful Reports and Views.
- The Address Fields will present a Google Map on the page if the information is entered accurately.
- When you've entered all the information, click Save to commit the record to the database or Save & New to commit the record and add another one.