This article explores the process for merging Accounts/Organisations. The typical scenario for merging Accounts/Organisations is when duplicates are found.
Accounts/Organisation Tab - Tools
To initiate the process for merging an Account/Organisation, go to the Accounts/Organisations Tab and select Merge Accounts via the Tools section.
Step 1 - Select the records to merge
- From this page you can type in a search string and click Find Accounts. This will retrieve all accounts/organisations with the specified search string.
- You can then select two or three records to merge.
- Click Next to progress to step 2.
Step 2 - Select the values to retain
- Select a Master Record to be retained via the radio buttons.
- For each field that is different you have the option of selecting one value to retain via the radio buttons.
- Click Merge when all fields have been carefully specified.
It's a good idea to check that the retained record is saved as you've expected with all related records, at least on the first few occasions while you're getting familiar with the functionality.