This article explores the process of creating a new Contact Record in Salesforce.
New Contact Button
To create a new Contact, go to the Contacts Tab and click the New Button. Alternatively, if you've selected a View and clicked Go!, you can click the New Contact Button.
The best practice for creating a new Contact Record is to firstly check that the record does not already exist in the system. Typically you would do this using the Global Search Field at the top of the Salesforce interface.
New Contact Create Page
You'll then be presented with an empty form that allows you to capture details about the Contact.
- The Last Name and Organisation Name Fields are mandatory.
- You can identify mandatory fields by the red line to the left of the field.
- Multi-Select picklist fields allow you to categorise the Contact, which is useful for building meaningful Reports and Views.
- The Address Fields will present a Google Map on the page if the information is entered accurately.
- When you've entered all the information, click Save to commit the record to the database or Save & New to commit the record and add another one.